Our skin is a protective layer, the largest organ of our body, it is mostly waterproof and does it’s best to keep harmful organisms from entering our body. But the skin is permeable and substances applied to the skin will eventually be transferred to the bloodstream and travel around the body. This might make you wonder about the ingredients in your personal care products.
If you wouldn’t eat it you might want to reconsider putting it on your body. The world of beauty care products is a multi-billion dollar industry and changing what you’ve been doing your whole life is never easy. If these changes involve trashing all of your personal care items and making them all from scratch it might seem like an overwhelming task.
Instead of being overwhelmed, here are 6 Tips to help you make the transition.
6 Tips for Transitioning to Natural Beauty Care
- Define your Why. Why do you want to get rid of the chemicals and toxins that are in your conventional skin care products? What is your motivation to make this change.
- Stay Motivated. It’s easy to make that first batch of DIY deodorant, but what happens when it’s time to make a second, third or fourth batch? Knowing your “why” will help you stay focused and motivated.
- Take Baby Steps. You don’t need to dump all of your personal care products in the trash today. Use what you have or just change one product at a time until you have made all the changes that you want to make.
- Choose 1 Product. Decide which conventional product is having the greatest impact on your health and change that product.
- Do some Research. Do you have a product that you use and love? Look up the ingredients and decide if it fits into your “why”.
- You Don’t have to Make Everything. DIY projects are fun but they can also be time consuming. Find some easy do-it-yourself products and look for some truly natural products that you can use while making this transition.
I hope that this helps you feel inspired to make some changes in your beauty routine and that you are not overwhelmed by the idea of changing everything you have ever known.
Create Your Own Natural Beauty Care Products
Tammie has compiled are her tried and true DIY natural beauty care recipes into one simple eBook.
This book contains recipes for 21 different beauty care products that are easy to make, from deodorant, facial toner, mouthwash, toothpaste, cleansers, and masks. If you’re ready to make a change in your beauty care routine, this is a great place to start.
This eBook is only $5 and can be purchased here and downloaded instantly.
The cosmetic line that Tammie has used for years is Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques. Their cosmetic and skin care products not only lack harmful chemicals, they promote health and vitality, with food-grade, organic ingredients that nourish you through your skin.
Want to give these products a try? Purchase a sample and try some today and feel the difference of Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques!
Our referrals get 10% off. Use the coupon code duggarwellness at checkout.
4 responses to “6 Tips for Transitioning to Natural Beauty Care”
What a great class! And I’m actually surprised at how well the products work. The tooth powder was the hardest to get used, though my teeth do feel really clean when I’m done brushing. That being said, I love using the rest of the products and look forward to making more! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Jill
[…] I can do it, so can you. Remember, if it isn’t safe to put in your body, you shouldn’t put it on your body. […]
[…] lays out a easy to follow plan in her article titled, 6 Tips for Transitioning to Natural Beuaty Care. She’ll walk you through the process and share a link to her favorite natural make-up company […]
[…] 6 Tips for Transitioning to Natural Beauty Care Products […]