One of the most common comments we receive from practice members is some form of “I have more energy.” People have said:
- “I slept better.”
- “I fell asleep more easily.”
- “I woke up refreshed rather than tired.”
- “I normally run out of energy around 4 o’clock but not after you adjusted me.”
- “I used to be exhausted right after dinner but that’s better now.”
The question that begs to be asked is, “How did the chiropractic adjustment cause you to have more energy?”
The chiropractic adjustment reduces interference in the nervous system. The nervous system has two main parts:
- The brain which houses all the control centers that coordinate the function of every tissue, cell and organ in the body.
- The spinal cord and spinal nerves that communicate messages from the control centers of the brain to the body and messages from the body back to the control centers of the brain.
By reducing interference in the nerve system, the communication between the control centers of the brain and the tissue cells of the body functions more efficiently. When that happens, the body functions more efficiently. This means that the body can perform whatever it needs to with less energy. When you use less energy to accomplish your activities of daily living, you have more energy left over for healing, for revitalizing the body and for everyday repair of tissue. Isn’t that amazing?!
A subluxation then, is like having an 8 cylinder car that is running on 6 cylinders. It still runs but not as well.